Council Chairman Handover – 19 MayPosted: May 21, 2015
I would like to thank the following people
- My fellow Councillors for electing me as Chairman for a second time.
- Sarah Haythorpe and Mike Simpson for the support you given with the Chairman’s Diary, Tim Ashby and Kevin Snow with the Blog , Kelly Barnard and Freddy Chester in Leisure , Steve Halls and Geof Muggeridge.
- I would like to thank all the staff for work they do for the Council
- Cllr Eric Bishop for his support as Vice Chairman and his wife Viv. We did a Scout Jamboree launch event together
- Thank you to all those who came to the Civic Reception on Saturday. It was an opportunity for us as a Council to thank the many volunteers with Charities and sport clubs in our community, Business, the Police and Teachers
- My wife as she has not seen much of me at home as I have been working full time as well as doing 408 Civic Engagements
- Congratulations to Watford on their promotion to the premier league
I have visited many Charities, Schools , Businesses , residents Groups , Sports Clubs. I have put all my passion and energy into the role and I would like to thank you all people who work and volunteer within Three Rivers making it a very special place to live and work.
Eric and I had the opportunity on Friday May 15th of playing Foot Golf with the England No 1 player at my Charity Golf Day. To follow Eric Bishop blog visit https://threeriverschair2015ericbishop.wordpress.com/ , you will need to subscribe to this one to get regular updates.
Yesterday I walked through all 13 District Wards. Thank you to the support team of Cllrs Brooks and Brading and my wife Yvonne. Thank you to all those who walked a part, or showed support by being in a photo. I am still accepting sponsorship.
We have amazing volunteers within our District , many unsung heroes.
4 key things I have done
- Walkabouts with Police and getting people signed up for OWL
- Visiting charities and community groups
- Visiting Sports clubs – Football , Rugby , Gym , Archery , Fencing , Cricket and several runs.
- Visiting Schools and Businesses
My final fundrasing event will be That’s Entertainment 2015 a family-friendly return to good old fashioned variety entertainment featuring some of the talented people and groups from around the Three Rivers district.
This fund raising event is in support of my chosen charities; Watford Mencap, Three Rivers CAB, Lynda Jackson Macmillan Centre and the Three Rivers Museum Trust. Singers, dancers, jesters and a variety of up and coming local talent will be performing live from the majestic stage of Watersmeet in Rickmansworth.