Rickmansworth, Chorleywood and Croxley Cubs – October 4thPosted: October 30, 2014
At the Backwoodsman Camp they had over 70 cubs and leaders. It was a well organised event by Sue Johnson District Commissioner of the cubs. The cubs and leaders came from packs in Chorleywood, Croxley and Rickmansworth. The Chorleywood campsite is a gem enabling the youngsters to do outdoor activity in the pouring rain. An experience they will not forget.
They had a variety of groups that included:
- Cake making using an outdoor cardboard box oven.
- Indoors – preparing and cooking a vegetable stew.
- Learning how to dig a fire place and restore it.
- Learning how to protect a billy can so it is easier to keep it clean.
- Cooking marshmallows on a stick.
- Making and then cooking twisters.
I always enjoyed the camp cooking and camp fire experience!